Huff Haven

Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Monumental Moment.....for Mom


This is a picture of Madison asleep in her CRIB!!!! I am proud to say that in an attempt to clean the house tday, while Clint was mowing and washing cars, I decided to see how long Maddy could make it in her crib. Well.....apparently I should have been questioning how long I could leave her in there. I laid her down at 9:30 and she stayed there listening to her music, looking at the animals around her, frequently losing her pacifier...that she has grown to enjoy and I am not afraid to admit it....and she stayed there until 11:45; she got hungry! I went out to tell Clint how well she was doing and he was more proud of me than her...rightfully so :) I did manage to clean the house and pile all the clutter onto the futon so I can sort through it this week, so it was a success.
Yesterday Clint and I went out to dinner for the first time WITH Maddy and she did okay. That business about being young enough still to sleep through dinner......NOT TRUE! She did okay but she seemed more interested in getting as much attention as possible so everyone could comment on how cute she is, even while screaming. Once she got to Uncle Skip and Aunt Sheri's house, she didn't make a peep. Probably because she knew noone would hear her over the roars of the Gator fans! She did manage to sleep 6 straight hours again last night (Clint and I are convinced it was from all the crying at dinner), so I am a happy mom!
I hope you all have a great week. I will update after her doctor's appointment on Tuesday and let you know how we are BOTH doing after her shots.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home