Huff Haven

Monday, May 11, 2009

Gramma Nini and Grandpa Henry Visit









We had such a wonderful weekend. Friday night we stayed in and hung out and it was so fun. Maddy was in a great mood and stayed up later than normal playing. Saturday morning we waited for Gramma Nini and Grandpa Henry to get here so we could go see the botanical gardens at USF. There are some really cute pics of Maddy checking out all the different flowers. I tried to capture her chasing a butterfly, but was unsuccessful! After the gardens, we went to the park and had a delicious picnic. Once we all felt like we were going to melt into the ground, we decided to go home. Maddy took a great nap from all the excitement and woke up to tons of fun activities with Gramma Nini. They put glue on some paper and blew through a straw to make it artistic...and they made art for everyone:) Then they painted her hands and made Jeanine a t-shirt that said Gramma..with Maddy's handprints...it is adorable (she wore it over the next morning of course)! Then they made a purse cake and I have to say it was amazing! I eat A LOT of cake and that was one of the best. Maddy and I seemed to be in an unspoken race to see who could eat more...I won (it was Mother's Day...I figured I deserved it). After dinner, Maddy showed off her bike riding skills until it was time for them to go to the hotel (THAT is how small our house is)...After seeing them on Mother's Day for awhile, they headed back to Port Orange and Maddy and I headed to church. It was great, as always, and then we went swimming at Alli's house. She LOVES to go swim at aunt alli's because I don't make her go under there, like she has to at the gym....and she has fun toys for her every time! She came home and took a great nap for her daddy, so I went shopping with Getta (like all good mothers should). We spent the rest of the day playing and hanging out before we all headed to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home